Well it is official now. I'm pregnant. Still so weird to say those words out loud.
I had my first ultrasound yesterday. The heartbeat was amazing. I cried. I'm so glad my hubby went with me--I think it would have been too much for me alone.
We broke the news to our families last night. Everyone is so excited. I kind of think they'd all given up on us. We've been married 8.5 years. We're very happy but both of us are kind of scared too. Its always just been him and me and now we're going to have this little life to take care of. And we can't give it back. That's the really daunting part of it all. Its ours, regardless.
We've got so much to plan for now. Cribs, clothes, diapers, daycare, insurance, car seats, school. And that's just a start! At least our family seems anxious to help us out. We'll have lots of support--maybe too much support, but it is better than none I know.
February 19th--here we come.
Wednesday, June 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Woo hoo congrate Leslie! Any it'll be a Pisces like me... arty farty and romantic...
congrats it is scary every time your preggo but so worth it
Have you broken the news to the dogs that they won't be "only children" any longer?
I keep forgetting to tell you congratulations...SO Congratulations!! That is awesome!!
How about updating this stale blog ((hee hee))????
Post a Comment