Thursday, May 29, 2008

Motivation

Okay, now I'm feeling guilty. A couple of threads on the message board were about blogs and updating blogs, etc. I've been thinking about updating--doesn't that count?

Booger Bear is officially able to climb onto the couch and our chairs. Yeah! Not! She is pretty good about turning around and sliding off the couch backwards but she loves to "run" the length of the cushions and I'm afraid she's going to fall over the arms and on to the floor. She also likes to just walk off the couch. I'm afraid she's going to break a leg or an arm or bust open her head. She just knows no fear. I'm trying to allow her to do some exploring and discovering but she can't reason what is dangerous yet so I'm constantly trying to think ahead of her and what she might do that could hurt her.

Her vocabulary has really exploded during the last week. She's much more likely to repeat what we say (even when we say CRAP and DANG IT!). She'll wait and repeat those at church I'm sure!

DH ran a 10k on Saturday. He ran well especially considering the course was long. He's really trying hard to do what his coach has planned for him and I'm quite proud of him. I pray that he'll be able to put together a long streak of training and manage to run fast and set some PRs too!

My mom has been doing some painting and new carpeting in her house. It really makes me want to work on some home improvement projects too but when I think of the logistics of moving the furniture and keeping the baby out of stuff and the clean up, I just turn to HGTV to get my home improvement fix. LOL Sad, but true.

Well, I'm guessing I should probably take a quick cat nap. I only got about 4 hours of sleep last night. I stay up late because going to bed early just means I'll get up sooner in excruciating pain. I was only in bed two hours last night before Boogie woke up screaming and starving. I never could get her back to her crib so we laid on the couch and I slept with her on my chest for about an hour and a half. So I'll go sleep for 30-45 minutes depending on how much longer she naps and then I'll be good to go for the rest of the day.

1 comment:

Amy said...

What threads? :)
Sounds like you have a real daredevil on your hands. Maybe she'll ride rollercoasters with me!