Saturday, June 21, 2008

Good Day

Last night Boogie decided she wanted to sleep somewhere other than her crib. When she got up I wondered if she was hungry but I snuggled down with her on the couch in hopes that she'd go on to sleep. She tossed and turned for an hour and a half so I finally got up and made her a bottle. She ate a little bit and finally went back to sleep on my shoulder but every few minutes she'd kick or swing her arm over and say "No!". She wasn't really awake though. I guess she wanted to be held and not touched. I finally laid her down in the floor on her pack-n-play mat and she slept for about four hours. When she got up this morning she was wired and ready to play.

I fixed breakfast soon after we got up--Boogs didn't eat any of her breakfast except a few pieces of her biscuit. The rest went to the dog. She did drink a little bit of orange juice. She played a little bit after breakfast and then we snuggled some in the chair. She started falling asleep so I moved back to the couch with the intention of holding her for a few minutes and then putting her in bed for a nap. Next thing I knew it was 12:30 pm. Oops!

DH took us to lunch in Clifton Forge. We ate at the Dairy Queen--it was pretty good even though the service was questionable. Booger Bear devoured her fries and looked quite offended when I offered her some of my hamburger. LOL

After lunch we went driving around. We used to do that a lot before gas prices skyrocketed. We ended up in Bath County. It is beautiful up there. I'd move there in a heart beat if we were both retired. I'm not sure where we'd shop for groceries--Covington, I guess, but I would love to live up there. We saw tons of deer and the drive was just gorgeous.

We really had a good day. Nothing spectacular but a lot of fun still. I was supposed to have gone to a wedding this afternoon but I'm glad I skipped it and spent the day with hubby and the baby.

No comments: