Friday, April 25, 2008

Hello again!

Wow, it has been awhile since I've blogged. So much has happened in that two weeks, too. I'll try to just hit the highlights.

We went to the beach last week. It was a pretty good time but the weather turned nasty on us and we ended up stuck inside. DH does not handle that well and it caused a bit of tension between us. My sister and her husband were the usual snobs we've grown to expect. I just don't understand how we all grew up together and yet those two are so very different than the rest of us. Just because you think you are better than everyone else doesn't make it so!

Booger Bear learned to climb steps last week, too. She was a pro within a couple of tries and then got pretty angry when we'd block her from the steps for her own safety. She is stubborn and quite temperamental--wonder where she got that from????

My depression is still sinking. I'm trying real hard to fight my way out of it but I keep getting hit with bad news, bad situations, etc. every time I feel like I'm making progress. Quite frustrating to take one step forward and get knocked back three. I do feel like I'm hiding the extent of my depression better than in the past. That's probably a good thing especially since I'm surrounded by folks that don't understand depression to begin with.

On a good note, DH and I saved a dog yesterday. I had seen the coon dog early Wednesday morning. She came right to me and obeyed my commands and was very sweet. But she disappeared soon after that and I figured she'd gone home. I'd tried to call her owner's phone number listed on her collar but I got a "phone is no longer in service" message twice and didn't know what to do then. However, later Wednesday evening we kept hearing something bark underneath a shed we have. I thought it was the dog up the road from us--it sounded distant and muffled. However I kept hearing it yesterday morning so I dug under the building some and thought it had gotten free at one point.

Sadly, MIL heard weak barking and whining last night and DH went over to see what he could figure out. He dug some and saw a tail and then paws and finally a long snout and big brown eyes. He became a man on a mission at that point and worked for over an hour to get the dog free. I was able to track down the owner's brother who tracked down the owner who finally called me back and then he came out at 10pm last night to pick up his dog. Turns out she was a prize winning dog, too. I'm sure he was happy to have his dog back but he was a man of few words. I got some good pictures of the dog with DH and with Boogie (and even some with my dad) so at least we have some memories of sweet little Tammy.

We don't really have much planned for this weekend that I know of. I need to finish unpacking from the beach--I just unpacked the essentials and everything else has been left as it was unloaded. I think we're expecting some rain again this weekend--that will make 12 out of the last 13 weekends that we've had rain. While we need the rain, that just sucks!

Anyway, here's wishing for a great weekend. Maybe I'll at least get some rest.

No comments: