Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A quick update

My grandmother had her surgery on Saturday. She did well. They removed a large tumor from her colon and they found some spots on her liver that were "scattered" and said her lymph nodes around her liver are questionable. Since the spots were scattered they couldn't do anything about them and will attack with chemo in 6-8 weeks.

She had a pretty rough day on Monday (the third day is always the hardest!) but she got to come home yesterday evening. I'm sure a night in her own bed will work wonders for her!

She has a long road ahead of her but I appreciate all of the hugs, prayers, positive thoughts, etc. that my two or three readers (LOL) have done for her.

My mom is totally exhausted. She's rushing home today to finish her payroll (checks distributed Friday morning). I pray things go smoothly for her and she can relax for a few days before she heads back to my grandparents' house. She hasn't seen Stinker Bell all week so I'll be headed up to her house tonight for some Mamaw time. Unfortunately, Papaw will be here working on my water heater tank. :-(

1 comment:

Cassandra said...

More get well wishes for your family (and PS I tagged you back)