Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Lots of things going on

Well, a lot has happened in the three weeks since I last updated.

My grandmother has been diagnosed with colon cancer. Her surgery is set for August 23rd (yes, a Saturday). Once they get the diseased colon out, then they'll work on treatments. The doctor said he saw some spots on her liver and her lymph nodes are enlarged but he is hoping all of that will respond to the treatments. His first priority is the colon.

She and my grandfather are taking this in stride. I'm kind of surprised. She said she's fearing chemo more than the surgery. I wish I could get over there this weekend but I just don't think I can make it. We were supposed to go at the end of the month but I'm not sure now if she'll be out of the hospital yet. If she is home, we may still go over just to help fix meals for her and my grandfather and I'll clean her house good and try to take care of some stuff like that so that my aunt and cousins can have a break. I know it is really frustrating my mom to be 2.5 hours away now. That was great when her parents were in good health but not so much now.

Boogie Bear will be 18 months old tomorrow. That's great but it makes me a little sad. She is so not a baby any more but a full fledged toddler. She is so stinkin' funny with some of the stuff she does. I couldn't have asked for a better kid--I pray I'm still saying that 20 years from now. LOL

DH's running is going well. Staying injury free has been a struggle for a long time but he's really working hard at being smart this go round. I hope it pays off. I've always enjoyed going to races with him and it is even more fun to take the kid and see her cheer for her daddy.

We've had some really beautiful weather this week. I've had my doors and windows open and it is so nice to have the fresh air wafting through the house. We've had some warm days, but little to no humidity and cool nights (high 40's--low 50's). This kind of weather makes me so anxious for fall. I love the warm days, cool nights. I love the kids going back to school. I love the beach trip in October. I love the changing leaves, halloween, hunting season and of course, the holidays. Ahh, I can't wait . . . .

Before I close, I want to give a shout out to my peeps who have stumbled across this blog and suffered through it. LOL Welcome to my secret world. This blog serves as a sounding board for me. I can rant and rave here and very few people will know about it. It also helps me with all of Stinkerbell's little milestones, at least when I manage to get them written down. Feel free to leave a comment--but keep them nice so that you won't be the subject of my next post. Ha ha!

2 comments:

Cassandra said...

Aha! Now I can stalk you (just kidding.) I was sorely disappointed not to finds pics of your beautiful baby girl on here (hint!hint!) I will continue to send prayers for your grandparents.

Amy said...

You updated! Sending prayers for your grandparents. And I agree with Cassandra. I need some pics of your Toddler Woman!