Friday, August 22, 2008

What have I gotten myself into?

I started this photo blog project right after we brought the baby home last year. My goal was to do a blog that I'd update every day or every few days with baby photos and share with my friends and family. I did well at first but all of the pictures of the baby in the NICU got a little overwhelming so I walked away for a little while. That little while turned into 13 months! Oops.

Never fear, idiot me decided to get back on the project this past weekend. I have been updating and updating and updating some more. When I stopped the project, I had gotten through mid-April 2007. I've been working diligently this week and as of this morning I'm through Boogie's 1st birthday (February 14, 2008). I posted so much that Blogger made me go through the letter verification each time after a certain number of posts on the same day. Oops again! LOL

I've learned a couple of things with this--next time I have a project like this and take a break, don't wait so long to get back on it. Two, I take a butt load of photos. LOL I have over 6,000 pictures and she's only 18 months old. Don't worry, though, only 80% of those photos will be on the photo blog--ha ha. And lastly, I'm patting myself on my shoulder for writing her little milestones down and at least keeping my photos well organized.

This really has been a fun project this week. It is nice to go back and see how much she's changed. I could do that with my scrapbooks, too, if I ever get back to scrapping. I think this photo blog will be fun to update every few days once I have it to that point. If you're interested in seeing it once I have it current, send me an e-mail and I'll share the link.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

I know what you mean...we all start blogs with the best of intentions! lol

And tag you are it! Details on my blog :p