Tuesday, March 11, 2008

A better day

Today could have really sucked. Hubby is out of town tonight for a conference tomorrow. He'll be back tomorrow evening. I was really dreading him leaving and I hate that he's gone, but I took him to work this morning and then shopped afterwards. It really helped being out of the house. I'll probably do a little bit of shopping tomorrow afternoon before he gets home just to bide the time.

I ran into a friend today at lunch. Matt and I grew up together. He lived behind me and we've always been the best of friends. He always had my back and I've always had his. After graduation, I went to college and he went to the police academy. We haven't seen each other much over the years but today we talked like we'd never been apart. He got to meet Boogs and he filled me in on his life. After we parted ways I realized just how much I've missed him. He's always been fun and easy going which is a nice contrast to my all out all the time ways. His parents still live behind my parents and he only lives a few miles down the road. Weird how we don't run into each other more. I threatened to find him a woman to settle down with--he's got too good of a heart to let it go without loving someone special. I'll keep my eyes open for someone special for him--I really want him to be happy.

Things in general are going a little better for me. Sunday was just a horrid day--one I just want to forget and never think about again. I've got a lot of work to do. Its overwhelming to think about it and figure out how to start but I've got to do it in order to have any sort of peace of mind. Wish me luck--this is going to be a huge undertaking!

No comments: