Thursday, March 27, 2008

What a week!

Well, Saturday was my birthday. It was a pretty good day despite Duke losing to WVU in the NCAA tournament. I should and could have been really upset about it except that Duke did not play well the last 6 weeks or so of the regular season. The fact that they made it to the second round was sort of surprising considering the teams they lost to earlier in the year. Hubby rubbed my nose in his team's win just a little. That's okay--I hope WVU does well and as always I can't wait to see UNC get beaten. I really dislike them.

As for the birthday presents--I did well for myself. I got an ATG gun, the 1/4" adapter and several refills (none of that means much to non-scrappers). I got a couple of CDs and a DVD I've been wanting. I got 2 CM cutting templates and a really neat bag to carry my tools and incidentals in for crops. But the piece de resistance is the 80 G iPod DH bought me!!! I really wanted the 160 G but it is pretty expensive. He got a good deal on this one and I am loving it! I spent a lot of the day Sunday and almost all of Monday loading more music on the computer and then onto my iPod. I have 18 G full right now and that is just music--no videos, audiobooks or photos yet. I got a nice case and the FM transmitter for it too. All in all, a very good birthday! Oh, and mom and dad took us to Red Palace for lunch after church on Sunday! Tasty!

Speaking of Easter Sunday, worship service was moved up an hour. In theory, I like that. In reality, it doesn't work so well for me. It was really hard to get up, fix breakfast, write any church checks I needed, get the baby up and fed and then get both of us dressed and ready for church and out the door by 9:45. I even got out of bed prior to 7:30 that morning and I still had a hard time getting everything done.
Church was okay. There sure weren't many folks there. I have to believe it is because schools are on spring break this week so lots of folks headed out of town. Normally church on Easter morning is packed. Brother Skeeter (our preacher and not his real name) made sure to get in his 50 minute plus sermon. We didn't get home any earlier than we normally would even though services were moved up an hour. Very frustrating when he's not very interesting to listen to.

Booger Bear and I headed to town for groceries on Tuesday. We went several places and took our good sweet time. We left the house at 9:30 and didn't get home to right after 5:00 pm. We were both exhausted. She was so good all day though and I have absolutely no complaints about her behavior. She's always good when we're out though so I don't know why I continue to be surprised.

We're having pictures taken for a new church directory tomorrow night. I still have no clue what any of us will be wearing. I'd like us to somewhat coordinate or at least not clash but I've come up with nothing. And now I'm getting a little panicky about it.

Of course, Stinkerbell has come down with a cold. She didn't seem like she felt well yesterday and she had a really rough night (which led to me having a really rough night!). This morning she's sniffly, has a runny nose and sounds pretty congested. I hate when she's not feeling well. Breaks my heart.

I've spent a good portion of the day working on my scrap room/office. Yesterday I packed up a lot of Boogie's clothes that she's outgrown. Today I took down her pack-n-play and I'm working on her room and our living room where toys have overrun the place! I'm hoping to get a lot of it organized before we go to the beach in less than two weeks. It will be so nice to come home to an organized house--that's my dream at least.

I guess I should go put the baby in her crib. She's fallen asleep in my arms as I type this. If I sit just so she can sit/lay comfortably and I can still type with pretty good speed and accuracy. It's just amazing what mothers learn to do with one hand/arm while holding a baby.

No comments: